Weekly Inspiration from Fr. Kyle
– SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2023 –
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Sign up to receive weekly email updates from Archbishop Schnurr, with his own thoughts on the Mass as well, at this link: https://catholicaoc.org/themass
- Invite members of your organization to do the same.
- At the start of your regular gatherings between January 9 and February 22, watch the video for that assigned week and spend a few minutes with your fellow parishioners in discussing the topic for that week. Group Study times listed below. (Whether you are able to do this every week, or just once, no investment is too small in this!)
GROUP STUDY SCHEDULES
JANUARY 9 – FEBRUARY 22
Mondays at St. Peter 7:00 to 8:30pm – In the church, Childcare will be provided
Tuesdays at St. Christopher 9:30 to 11:00am – In the church
Wednesdays at St. John the Baptist 7:00 to 8:30pm – In the church
Thursdays ZOOM Meetings 6:30 to 7:30pm – Registration required
Contact Andrea Parker firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937.898.3542
Saturdays at St. Peter 9:30 to 11:00am – In the church
Upcoming Parish Events
FEBRUARY 4/5 | PICK UP PANS
FEBRUARY 25 | CASSEROLE DROP OFF
The Catholic Daughters of the Americas are asking for your help to supply 144 casseroles for the St. Vincent Hotel. Casseroles pans, along with recipe and instructions will be available to pick up, and will be collected on February 25 from 9-10am. Contact Lori Dieli at 937.559.3793 for more details.
THIS SUNDAY | FEBRUARY 5
ST. CHRISTOPHER SCHOOL CAFTERIA
Please join your fellow parishioners for coffee, donuts and fruit in the school cafeteria after the 9:00 and 11:00 Masses on Sunday, February 5. Hosted by the Knights of Columbus, Fr. Aufderheide Council 12912 of St. Christopher Parish.
ST. CHRISTOPHER SCHOOL EMMAUS CENTER
- Open School Days | 8am-4pm
- Open during Mardi Gras | 5pm-8pm
- Open Sunday, Feb. 12 | 10am-1pm (Books & Donuts)
- Wednesday GIFT Class, Feb. 15 | 7pm-8:10pm
- CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER
- QUESTIONS: email Carrie Hartley | email@example.com
*CLICK HERE* to view the BOOK FAIR ONLINE!
- Or search from the QR code: “Saint” Christopher
- Load Digital Cards
- Send Wish Lists
- Shop & Browse!
Altar Server Ministry is be expanding at the weekend Masses. There is nothing like an up front, close encounter with the miracle of the Eucharist.
SERVERS SHOULD BE:
- In grades 4th through high school
- Be a practicing Catholic
- Have received their First Holy Communion.
If you are already an altar server: Please register again, so we have one updated list of altar servers.
New servers will be trained.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Elise Sas.
Join the St. Vincent Lunch Team Project!
By providing ten sack lunches a month, you can be a part of a bigger team that will provide 3,000 meals to individuals and families who are without basic essentials through the St. Vincent de Paul Shelter. We are asking donors to make a six month commitment. Donors make ten lunches a month in their home using their own resources and then drop them off on their assigned dates, once a month, at St. Christopher on a Sunday morning. Clipper Courier then donates their truck and driver to deliver the meals to the St. Vincent de Paul Shelter.
HOW TO JOIN THE SVDP LUNCH MINISTRY
Please email Elise at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are filling the dates for January to June 2023; donors are assigned to either Team A (January 29, February 26, March 26, April 23, May 21, June 18) or Team B (January 15, February 12, March 12, April 2, May 7, June 4).
Walking with Moms in Need is an opportunity for those in our parishes to assist local pregnant and parenting women in need and in difficult circumstances. Walking with Moms in Need is an initiative of the USCCB Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities which serves the Church’s mission to proclaim that each human life is a precious gift from God. Our five parishes will pilot Walking with Moms in Need in support of our local pregnancy resource center – Elizabeth’s New Life Center and the clients they serve. Last weekend, parishioners had the opportunity after Mass to hear more details and to complete a Resource Survey to indicate their areas of interest to help pregnant and parenting moms. In the following months Elizabeth’s New Life Center will share the needs of clients to be matched with one of our volunteers. We hope you will prayerfully consider joining us in Walking with Moms in Need.
CONTACT FOR MORE INFO: Feel free to contact Terry Miller at email@example.com
Sensory Friendly Mass
Please join us every 3rd Saturday of the month at 5pm for a Sensory-Friendly Mass.
What you’ll experience at this Mass:
- Subdued lighting
- Softer music
- A shortened homily
- And a welcoming community of parishioners who are glad you’re here.
Regular opportunities for confession at St. Christopher:
- FRI (after 9am Mass) Confessions will be heard after the 9am Mass with the scheduled presiding priest.
- SAT (3:30pm) 1hr Confessions before Mass with the scheduled presiding priest.
- PRIVATE CONFESSIONS may be scheduled by contacting either of our priests via their office phone number.
Need a little help when it comes to going to confession? Read more about the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Have you, or has someone you know expressed any interest in learning more about Jesus and the Catholic faith?
Do any of these statements apply to you or someone you know:
- I have never been baptized.
- I am baptized but have had little or no faith formation.
- I am baptized and have had faith formation in another religious tradition.
- I am baptized Catholic, but have not received the sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation.
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
The RCIA is a process that helps adults discern if the Lord is calling them to a journey of faith in the Catholic Church. A new group of inquirers into the Catholic Faith is forming. Perhaps you are, or someone you know, is searching for a way of life that will help you or them be connected to the life and grace of God through the Catholic Church.
All are welcome.
For further and more detailed information, please email Andrea Parker or call 937-898-3542 ext. 109.
More Ways to Connect
Quality, faith-filled preschool education and before/after school care for children ages 3 through grade 8. An active summer program and care is also available. Register now!
FORMED is your single source for Bible studies, sacramental prep materials, documentaries, and more. Leading Catholic experts help your parishioners grow in their faith and lead them closer to Christ through the Sacraments and the Gospel
WATCH | LEARN | SHARE
Get thousands of movies, programs, audio, and books instantly...FREE through your parish!
To register for a personal FORMED account go to:
Scroll down and enter our parish code: 3TZNF6
Then click on Submit Code.
You can then register with your own personal username and password and have access to the FORMED programs under the St. John license.
A Series Worth Watching!
THE CHOSEN: People MUST know!
How to watch “The Chosen” (via App, TV, Streaming, etc)