Fr. Aufderheide Knights of Columbus Council 12912 are a group of over 100 Catholic men who get things done. We volunteer our time to serve our parish and our community and are members of an organization designed to serve God, HIS people and HIS church. Our monthly general business meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month in the Emmaus Center. At those meeting, some of our Knights gather to pray the Rosary at 7:30 p.m. Then at 8:00 p.m. we start our formal meeting that lasts about an hour. We then conclude the evening with refreshments and good fellowship.
Each year our council, either as a whole or as individuals, contributes the following to our parish, community and to our youth:
- Over $3,000 total charitable disbursements
- Over 700 visits to the sick and bereaved
- Over 20 blood donors
- Over 4,000 estimated hours of volunteer service to the church, community, and youth including Habitat for Humanity (Catch the Building Spirit)
- Over 150 hours of fraternal service to the sick and disabled members of our parish and their families
- Knights donate to “Pennies For Heaven” at each general meeting to help support Ohio Seminarians
- Knights participate in the Matching Funds Campaign. Our contribution helps strengthen the Ohio State Council’s Catholic Education
- Knights work on picking-up and sorting food at the Vandalia Food Pantry
- Knights attend the annual Dayton Rosary Rally at UD Arena
- Knights volunteer to dismantle and store the church’s Christmas Nativity Scene
Activities Knights are Involved with in OUR Parish and Community:
- January – Knights host and provide volunteers for our annual Youth Free Throw Competition
- March – Knights operate doughnut Sunday
- April – Knights run the entire operation for our Annual Morehead Kentucky Clothing Drive
- May: Knights volunteer for the Measure Up Campaign to help citizens with developmental disabilities. Monies raised are donated to the Vandalia Resident Home Association.
- June: Knights work at set-up, teardown and handle the parking needs for our Annual Festival. In addition, we make a Silver Sponsor Donation.
- June – Knights are active in the Catch the Building Spirit
- July – Knights participate in the Dayton Air Show Parade
- August – Knights volunteer for and donate to the Christopher Youth Ministry Committee’s annual 5K Walk/Run
- September – Knights provide equipment, tent rental and manpower for the gambling tent at the Vandalia Sister Cities’ annual Oktoberfest − our largest fundraiser.
- October – Knights operate doughnut Sunday
- December – In lieu of our general meeting, we have a dinner and social gathering that includes wives and significant others.
In addition, Council 12912 Knights are active in every ministry at St. Chris: serving on parish staff, pastoral council, and at Mass (choir, Eucharistic ministers, lectors, ushers, and bereavement). It is important to know that Knights are free to choose only the activities that are right for them and are not required to donate massive amounts of time.
To join or for more information, please contact Bill Hagerty at 937-719-3182 or email@example.com.
Follow us on Facebook for current and upcoming activities!